Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Works in Progress

Can you see what it is yet? maybe I should have put a ruler in for scale, I've still got the Vogue cardigan waiting for blocking, but I've been busy with other things and having a little dabble with amigurumi too!


I wasn't happy about having nothing on my needles, so I printed out the Knitty magic toe up cast on and started my first toe ups, this is my first time knitting socks on circulars, and I couldn't see the point of knitting one sock and then the other, now I've worked it all out although can you spot the deliberate mistake!


Yes indeed socks are meant to soar on 2 circular needles, I wasn't paying attention this morning and managed to knit both onto one needle, doh!


Gratuitous cat pic, just because I felt like it, Keith thinks I've lost my mind because I've started collecting Willows fur, just wait until my cat loving friends start to collect they're cat fur and send it to me too, completely barmy.

11 comments:

Charity said...

My next socks are going to be on 2 circs, but I'm a bit nervous! :0) Your toe is looking great!

Strumpstickan said...

I see no nose or tail but maybe a mini doggie?

Anonymous said...

HI Jo,

I've been feeling a bit like that -ie wanting something on the needles even though I do most of my knitting in the winter by the fire. I think that's why I startd the strawberries and I even made crocheted a jute bowl last night. I'm intrigued by the toe-up socks on circluar needles - would you recommend it and did you use Cat's book?

BTW thanks for the comment on my blog. The best thing about receiving comments for me is finding the commentor's blog and as you say starting a friendhip......

Seahorse said...

Is it a little amigurumi sheep?

I've never tried the 2 circs thing but I'm absolutely certain I'd end up with everything on one needle at some point too, lol!

Fab cat pic!

Marianne said...

Willow may just be the most beautiful cat ever...

A wee lambie?

Good go on those socks...hee..;^)

KimK said...

Jo!!! Your Willow and my Nuala could be twins! I've never seen another cat quite like her until now.

I just started my first toe-up sock, too -- I'm not sure what I think of the process so far.

picperfic said...

not sure I'm with you on the cat fur project.....

are you crocheting a little teddy bear?

Never done two circulars, I am ok with one sock on one long circular needle but I do get distracted so to knit two on two needles might just get in a tangle...

Ang said...

oooh well done you! I'm a bit scared of socks on 2 circulars!

Artis-Anne said...

Never done a toe up sock or on two circs either as yet, well done clever you :)I did find doing them the magic loop method was quicker though.
Your Willow looks gorgeous and no your not barmy I have just clipped our two mini schnauzers and kept the clippings , Spinners !! what are we like !!(they don't moult)

Kath said...

Do you think Mum meant that spinners don't moult or that the dogs don't LOL! Anyway back to your goodies - I've only tried the Magic loop method and love it as it's far quicker so I'm a definate convert to that but haven't tried with 2 circs. Love the sock colours though so far!
As far as the Amiguri goes I've not a clue what it could be but can't wait to see the finished results!

Kath said...

Meant to add what a beautiful cat you have there - I don't blame you for wanting to spin the fur!