Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mystical Harvest?

I thought I would spin up a special yarn for Halloween, so this is 'Mystical', a blend of merino, alpaca and sari silk.

If I get time later I may even add it to my etsy shop!

This natural bluefaced leicester has been spun with some coloured merino, mainly blue and yellow this side but in this other photo, see the green and brown too!

Going to call this one Harvest, am thinking about doing a Christmas craft fair so I need to get cracking on knitting up some little bits to sell and this skein might turn into some felted mittens.

Rosedale is progressing fine, I have finished the sleeves to the underarms, where it all joins.
I was a bit unsure of what to do about the sizing, you see I measure 37" around the chest, and so the 38" is just a little too small for my liking but a 42" is a bit on the large size. I've been looking at some of my favourite sweaters and I really needed to make something inbetween at about 40".

I did read through the pattern, and I e-mailed Amy Swenson because obviously she is more familiar with the pattern than me, and she advised me to work the 42" but this will drown me so I'm just going to plod on and see if I can't just fudge the pattern and make it work!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy wool! Good luck with your sweater...

Anonymous said...

Yummy wool! Good luck with your sweater...

Heather said...

Very nice yarn :-)

With Rosedale, it is only stocking stitch so I reckon wouldn't be too hard to create your own size between the 38 and 42 sizes. I would draw a diagram of how it is suppose to look, then mark on the sizes and stich numbers for both the 38 and 42, and things like whether the number of stitches has to be a multiple of 4 (say for a rib or whatever), and then you can work out which bits need changing.

Marianne said...

You do make the most beautiful yarn!
The Rosedale... I agaree with heather, and seriously, what is it with patterns, they'll go from 'small' to 'too big' and missing out on what I would think was fairly 'average'... good luck with that, it shouldn't be hard :^)

Sheila said...

Your color combinations are always beautiful. I am very interested in seeing your Rosedale. Modifications always make the sweater your own.

Ang said...

I love all the colours in "Harvest", wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This is some amazingly beautiful yarn that you've been spinning up - it looks so warm and cozy, and those colours make it all the more special!
Good luck with your sweater!