Monday, January 07, 2008

UK SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE

Part One: Crafting

Do you knit, crochet, or both? I mainly knit, I do a little bit of crochet occasionally mainly amigurumi type stuff which doesn't involve a pattern.

What do you like to make? I like to make sweaters, scarves, mittens, gloves, bags, hats

Do you have a favourite project? Not really

Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn? I love Noro yarn although Kureyon can be a bit scratchy, I also like Habu, and unusual yarns like linen paper, and things like that! And I spin my own handspun too!

Do you have a least favourite type of yarn? Eyelash

Do you do any other crafts? I'm a keen handspinner, by spindle and wheel. I'm also interested in paper making, feltmaking, button making.

What knitting do you bring ‘on the go’? at the moment I'm doing some shibori felting experiments so some vanilla stocking stitch

What do you carry your ‘on the go’ knitting in? Do you want something new? I have a 'Go Knit' pouch, that is perfect for my projects.

Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over? Can't think of anything off hand


Part Two: Your Favourites

What is your favourite colour? Blue, purple, green, brown

What is your least favourite colour? yellow

What scents/smells do you like? vanilla, chocolate, apples

What don’t you like? lavender

How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure) bubble bath, handcream

What goodies to you like to treat your tummy with? (chocolate, biscuits, truffles, etc.) I love chocolate orange, belgian seashells, peppermint creams, soft centres, most biscuits, nothing with nuts in.

Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit? Any particular kind? Favourite mug/cup? I prefer tea, although I do like hot chocolate too, I only tend to drink plain old tea, i do have a favourite mug...its called scraffito and its from Habitat!

Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TVshow-Along, movies, music, podcasts) I tend to watch tv mostly while knitting although I occasionally listen to music, and play online scrabble! I like Heroes, The Mighty Boosh, and I mostly listen to Radio 1, i like an eclectic mix of music, one of my favourite bands is Hot Chip!

Part Three: Living & Past-times

Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address) I live in St Leonards-on-Sea, in East Sussex!

Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else? I grew up in Ipswich, and spent most of my adult life living in Wales.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? I'd like to visit the USA

If you couldn’t go to a knitting group, what other kind of gathering would you go to? (book club, tea party, yoga class, jewelery class, etc.) I do like to read so maybe a book club, I also attend a Guild of Weavers Spinners and Dyers, yoga class.

What’s your style? (elegant, traditional, glamourous, girly, natural, sporty, outgoing, etc.) my anti style more like, casual, arty, sort of lost look!

Final Part:Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)? Some bath essences and things can make me itchy, and I don't do nuts.

Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know? If there is anything further my swap partner wants to know they can always ask me!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I always find this surveys fun to read. It is great fun getting to know everyone better.