I've signed up for Secret pal 12, had to go back to Feb 2007 to find my questionnaire and I've just re-jiggled it!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibres, wool, cotton, linen, I don't like acrylic or eyelash yarnsalthough they do have there place in the grand scheme of things .
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I did make my straight needles a roll, and am planning to make a customroll for double points, hooks and circulars. (ok my circs are still in a plastic bag, I've also got 2 sets of bamboo double points in padded envelope! so very professional!)
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider yourskill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I first learnt to knit in the Brownies, I did my first sweater aged 12, anddidn't really get into it again until I was 23, I did alot of knitting for 5years but then explored other crafts until last year. I wouldconsider my skill level to be somewhere between intermediate and advanced...Ilike a challenge!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon wish list here
5. What's your favorite scent?
I don't like anything too overpowering... although I'm quite partial to the smell of chocolate and vanilla and I had a completely yummy body lotion once called icing sugar. I don't like lavender, makes me sneeze!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do have a sweet tooth, I like milk chocolate and I like soft centres, strawberry creams, orange creams and peppermint creams, doesn't matter if they come wrapped in dark chocolate if they are this kind of chocolate andgummy bears...I do not like the taste of nuts or dark chocolate on its own.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I LOVE to spin, I spin as much as I can, and dye my own fibre. I also do a bit of collage, painting, needlepoint and sewing.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if yourbuddy wants to make you a CD)
I like an eclectic mix from Marilyn Manson to Doris Day, favourites at the momentare The Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip and Placebo.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love most colours....at the moment I love purples, greens, turquoise, and deep colours like aubergine and black! Not so fond of pastels and pinks.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
There's myself, my partner and our son, Neo who is 4 and our cat Willow.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats and mittens...I haven't worn a poncho since 1975. Although you never know!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'll knit anthing that takes my fancy, I like socks and gloves or mittens for smaller portable projects but I love to work on garments too!I'm working on developing my ideas into patterns and studying on a C & GHandknitting course.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm knitting the Aprés Surf Hoodie at the moment, I would normally have a small project on the needles but havent got around to winding the wool into balls yet!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes of course!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like to use needles appropriate to the project, most of my needles are all aluminium and plastic inherited from little old ladies, although I have a couple of addi turbo circs which are great and have some bamboo double points which I really love.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes I have both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't have any!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I'm not really a holiday person.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Loads of things...Yarn and fibre of course! I have a collection of Rubics cube puzzles, I have a collection of colourful paper bags which I have been collecting since I was 18, I've also got a small collection of Vintage Vogue knitting magazines.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your handson? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subcription to Vogue Knitting, my Interweave is coming to an end and I'm wondering whether to have Knit 1 or Knitscene for a change! Nothing in particular I'm dying to get my hands on as such, but I'm a huge fan of Etsy (I'm a seller there), anything from handmade needle cases to bracelets made from knitting needles, or handpainted yarns, and interesting batts, I just believe in supporting the Indie sellers as much as possible.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to try entrelac, I will have to knit samples for my course so I will get there at some point! I'd also like to find the time to do some thrummed mittens!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter, I am a UK size 5, US 6
23. When is your birthday?
It's April 30th!
24. My Ravelry ID is freestylefibre