Friday, January 20, 2017

Just start!

I'm just starting a post here about beginning to draw! Some of my facebook friends have said they can't draw, and some have said they would like to draw, so this is just a little guide about how to start. I for one believe that everyone is creative, no matter how much some people protest. We all had that joy of expression as children. I used to love Maddox's scribbles, and colouring outside the lines, now he has become a perfectionist and gets upset if a picture isn't quite as perfect as he wants it to be.

This drawing on the right is one of my first Zentangle patterns from 2014, I think that's when I first came across it. It's not big, about 9 cm square I think. You can buy zentangle kits which have pens and 'tiles' in but I just read up on it on the web and cut some paper down to tile size. You draw a tangle in pencil, which is the outline shape, then fill it with patterns. You can make up your own patterns but if you look at Instagram and Pinterest there are hundreds of patterns. There are even YouTube videos too, there's a good example to get you started here

  All you need is a pen, pencil and paper. As these are small scale I like to use a 0.1 Fineliner, although I have a set of pens ranging from 0.1 to 0.7 and the more I draw, the more I experiment with different pens and materials,

I did the drawing on the left last week. I knew I was going to be doing this post and took a before picture of the pencil outline, now I can't find the camera. It's also a good example of a picture I don't really 'like' much but I stuck with it.

I mean don't get me wrong, if a drawing is really making you unhappy don't persevere with it, but part of the process is recording and drawing and then looking at what you think works and doesn't work.



I'm reading The Creative License by Danny Gregory at the moment. It's a book I've had for a few years in my quest to 'draw'.

I think it's important to remember these points from page 43:
there are no bad drawings
drawings are experiences, the more you draw the more experienced you'll get
you will learn more from bad, weird or unpredictable experiences than from those that go exactly as you hoped.
release your ego's desire for perfection
take risks
stretch
grow
create as much as you can whenever you can

I don't seem to have had much time for drawing this week, or much else for that matter! I really need to find time to work on my time management!

I did finish this new heart off and I was experimenting with my watercolour crayons in the background.

I really like the way this turned out but my husband thought the background looked untidy....its subjective anyway this art thing and that's what you have to remember.

You don't have to show anyone what you do. It's not what it's about. Just pick up a pen and take it for a walk see where you end up!

Guilty of tearing this one out of my sketchbook! I feel like I ruined it with colour,but I have managed not to throw it away and keep it to demonstrate what I mean!

On a final note it doesn't matter what you draw, that's where the abstract shapes and patterns really help me. KEEP IT SIMPLE! just explore and have fun!

6 comments:

Sarell said...

Love it xxxx

Sarell said...

Love it xxxx

karensspinzen said...

Fascinating!

yanmaneee said...

golden goose sneakers
curry shoes
stone island
golden goose sneakers
pandora
pg 4
supreme new york
golden goose
golden goose
yeezy boost 350 v2

Unknown said...

replica bags philippines Visit This Link t0e93o5z10 replica bags reddit replica bags paypal try here w0c51n4h30 replica bags cheap replica bags blog replica hermes handbags g5p70h5e31 replica bags toronto

readoa said...

w3b29l5k03 v9w81f0o55 j1m49t6r91 j7m23l1e66 j3t57e6i86 d6e20q2c78