Monday, October 16, 2006

This is my restrained loot from Alexandra Palace!
From left to right....I was seduced by Habu of New York and could have gone wilder than I did, just enough there to experiment with and make a crocheted bag! The purple and green fibre lurking behind were too much of a bargain to leave, and what looks like a bright orange radioctive glow of burning wool is really a nice autumnal tops from the Finnsheep people Piiku. Behind that is a huge cone of single ply hemp, from www.houseofhemp.co.uk, I thought I would just experiment with this, just infront of that are more fibres, merino this time from the handweaversstudio.co.uk, and beside that is some dyed Wensleydale Longwool, beside that are six balls of debbie bliss chunky merino...doh, I meant to get aran weight so this may be appearing on e-bay soon....and last but not least a pretty ball of cotton sock wool, could do with a better picture of this as the colour is really nice but I was in a bit of a hurry!





CRAZIEST CAST ON EVER!!


So here it is.....so far 1,000 stitches over 6 circular needles....this actually reaches 4.5 metres!
My original plan was to cast on 2,000, and put 200 stitches on 10 needles but after getting this done this afternoon I've decided to cut back to a mere 1,500 stitches and put 150 on each needle, and the actual circle will measure about 7 metres(yikes!) hopefully will get the other half done tomorrow, then may leave it in 2 halves and join it Saturday morning when we have set up in the shopping centre, I'll make my mind up by the end of the week, I have so much to get done before then.




1 comment:

Strumpstickan said...

Knitting a new house? *lol*

Is the hemp hard or soft?