1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. Sock yarn does not count. What? You think we are made of stone?
2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.
2.d. We each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time.
3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt.
5. This is an extra necessary rule, any yarn I need for a specific college related project is exempt.
6. Oddballs from the second hand shops (thrift stores) don't count!
I have finally managed to get a button working on the sidebar (yee-har!) which links to Wendy's blog where this knit-a-thon originates. Wendy also welcomes knitters adjusting the rules to suit themselves, and I have added number five.
As I will be starting my C & G Hand-Knitting Course here in January and that involves some designing and knitting the designs, I decided that I couldn't really restrict myself in this way when it comes to course work.
I've also added number six, just incase there's a vintage find or an oddball of mohair in the second hand shops that I can't live without.
I will not cheat,
Ok so I think I'm going to be pretty busy with the knitting course, I've got a biggish stash of lovely yarn, I've found stuff upstairs which has been stashed for 10years, because I