Yesterday afternoon I decided to try something different with the single of Suffolk fleece I had spun. I plied it with an unusual 'novelty' yarn that I had found in the sale at my local yarn shop. The novelty yarn knitted on its own is quite hard on the hands, almost a nylon twine with the long lash every few inches, so I plied it with the green Suffolk single that I had test spun for Rachel. I also added a few spots of merino fibre between the plies as I spun them together, it's turned the novelty yarn into a softer more interesting yarn, and I think it will make a nice decorative garter stitch band around a simple knitted bag!
The finished yarn is 21.58m (23.60yds) and is semi bulky at 7 WPI, I started to knit a sample up yesterday on size 5.5mm needles, as it was coming straight off the wheel, and it was looking good!