Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pebbles

This is the last 50g of the silk/merino mix, as I mentioned in my last post, I've been working on something a little bit different, firstly I made some small sheets of felt using the merino silk mix, and also using a contrast dark jade colour I had.

I cut out some small rectangular shapes from the felt and put them in a net bag in the washing machine and ended up with little soft felt pebbles.

I threaded these onto some semi drafted silk hankie and sporadically spun them into the the final skein. I can't wait to see how it looks knitted up.




I do have many good intentions to start designing and knitting up more things with the handspun I am amassing, here is another new yarn:



I have 2 almost identical 100g skeins of this bulky bluefaced leicester, I'm considering 2 projects for this one at the moment, either some mittens or a felted bag!


Coming soon: the cardigans are off the needles!

10 comments:

Marianne said...

Alright... my face fell into the puddle of drool on that BFL yarn, that is GORGEOUS! I don't know that I could felt that...it just looks so very pretty the way it is.
The pebbles are fun, looking forward to seeing how it knits up.
XOXOX

Peri said...

Love those pebbles - very distinctive

Ang said...

oh I am in love with those pebbles.

KimK said...

Oh, man, the pebbles are wild, but the colors of the second yarn are just terrific! Almost like a rainbow in a grey sky.

Anonymous said...

I love that bulky BFL. Just about everything about it - the heft, the colors, the, I don't know, juiciness of it. Lovely work as always...

Charity said...

Awesome, awesome yarn! And can't wait to see the knitting! :0)

Strumpstickan said...

Pebbles fun idea!

Artis-Anne said...

Oh great idea and it would look very effective knitted up too. Great coplours in the BFL too

Sheila said...

Jo, you spin some of the most interesting and beautiful yarns. I love yarn with an interesting texture.

picperfic said...

now those pebbles look like fun but i have to say that the colours and texture of the other yarn is beautiful...looking forward to seeing those cardigans too!