Monday, August 31, 2009

Blah!

Just going to squeeze in a quick post before August comes to an end! Yes I've been neglecting the blog a bit, I have had good intentions of getting a new post up for the last couple of weeks, but this and that have kept me from it.
I have been out spinning in the sunshine a little bit, here I am at the Winchelsea Féte with the 1066 Spinners. An enjoyable Saturday afternoon, and they brought us fabulous tea and cakes!

I have been doing a little bit of spinning, not a huge amount but these have been finished off recently while I was waiting for the loom to be fixed (yes it is fixed now, and another scarf has been and gone, I would show you photos but its very like the first scarf as I decided to make another one with the leftovers)




Both Bluefaced Leicester, I was spinning the first one with 'masculine' woven scarves in mind, although I have some more merino/angora (which I finished spinning last week) to go on the loom first! The second one is a braid I started spindle spinning at Woolfest, I got impatient and finished it off on the wheel.

On the knitting front my Swallowtail just needs a little quiet time, I've also started a Heartland Lace Shawl with some overcooked handspun alpaca you may get to see soon.

6 comments:

Milly said...

the yarn is lovely and it sounds like the perfect way to spend a summer day!

Caroline M said...

Not long now to the schools going back and normal service resuming.

I thought there would be another scarf to see, maybe next time.

Marianne said...

Ahhh, now there's my little sis sitting in the sunshine, good of you to be wearing a hat!
Your yarn is gorgeous, as always!
XOX

Charity said...

I love the idea of spinning in the sunshine! Perhaps I'll have to take my own wheel outside. :o)

KimK said...

I'm totally with you on neglecting the blog. It's been too lovely a summer here and I just don't feel I have the brain to craft a post. Perhaps you will be my inspiration!

And the yarns are lovely, lovely.

Caroline said...

You had some sunshine to spin in?

Wow!