Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mitten of Doom



This is the Mitten of Doom! I'm not going to knit another one, this isn't a case of second glove syndrome, more 3rd glove, because basically this was my first attempt at fair isle, and also doing it two handed, and although this attempt is ok-ish, it doesn't really meet my high standards, and I have minor issues with the pattern that I would change if I were to knit any more, so basically if I wanted to knit Endpapers I would have to knit another pair, discarding this doomed mitten.

So I am going to swatch with some 4ply wool and get my squared paper out and I'm going to design my own fair isle mittens.

Later this week, I have got a finished object i havent blogged about yet!

More handspun!

And I sold a pattern...yes really, don't you just love Ravelry!

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Poor Mitten of Doom but hey, I hear you on how some patterns are personally friendlier than others.
Looking forward to seeing your design, it'll be fun! and YAY, what pattern did you sell? Congrats!

Caroline said...

Well done on selling a pattern!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Ravelry!

Kath said...

Shame about the mitten of Doom as it was looking pretty. But I know what you mean about things not meeting your standards. Looking forward to seeing your new yarn and congrats on the sale!! BTW You Make My Day - see my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the patern sale: very exciting. Do you have any plans for your doomed mitt? Will it be frogged or can it become a sculpture of some sort, or a toy or....

fiona said...

Lol, I suffer fairly severely from second mitten syndrome (my work bag is stuffed full of odd 'nearly-made-it' mittens!)

Love your blog.. am adding the link to the Knitting section on mine.

Personally think anyone who can do fair isle is dead clever :-)

Ang said...

awwww for the mitt....Yay for the pattern!

looking forward to the FO....

Anonymous said...

Not knitted those mittens but hte pic looks nice. I've just recently designed a pair of fair isle mitts. Can't wait to do some more.

Seahorse said...

Looking forward to seeing your own mitten design!