Saturday, October 14, 2006

Its been one of those non stop weeks....that seem to pass in a flash.....stop the floor from moving I want to get off! I don't seem to have got much knitting done, but this is me at Gatwick Thursday morning for our surprise 4th Anniversary trip, surprise because until we arrived at Gatwick at 0630 Thursday morning I didn't know where we were going, and as it was a short trip with only hand luggage I had no knitting and dh confiscated my crochet hook aswell.


So here we are....but can you guess where....here I'll give you another clue.....


Neverland?! No just teasing how about this one....


Yes indeedy....that's the Swiss flag....we flew out to Geneva....caught the train from Geneva to a little place called Aigle and then caught the cog train up the mountain to Leysin. I've never been to Switzerland before and it was a spectacular trip which just flew by....in more ways than one.....

Thats me in a tandem flight after I jumped off la Berneuse, 2048 metres above sea level! Part of my present from dh who took the fabulous pictures.


So back with my feet on the ground and back in the UK, I'm off to The Knitting and Stitching Show tomorrow at Alexandra Palace.....and then its downhill all the way to my prestigious knitting event Knitaround Hastings....I'll try and keep you posted, but I am busy casting on the 2000 stitches I need onto 8 circular needles and joining them all together into the giant circle.

2 comments:

Strumpstickan said...

You are brave! My hubbie wants a tandenjump as well and maybe we can arrange it in the spring, we have some friends who are jumpers in the sky:)

Was it fantastic?

And I hope your crochet needle came back intact so you can go on threatning your surroundings... hahaha...

Great Jump! I'm mega Impressed!

Strumpstickan said...

Sorry, I confused myself and mixed up parashooting and gliding... my hubbie is going to jump with some parashooters in the spring...

So, how are the 2000 stitches coming?