Saturday, December 16, 2006

At last here are finished photos of the scarf, I'm hoping to get some photos of my niece modelling it when I visit next week.

The pattern I used in the end is quite simple I based it on the Jaywalkers stitch pattern. I used a multiple of 17 stitches, and cast 238 stitches onto a 5.5mm circular needle.

The stitch pattern is as follows: Row 1: *Increase in 1st stitch, knit 6, slip 2 stitches, knit 1, pass both the slipped stitches over, knit 6, increase in next stitch* repeat to end. 2nd row knit. Obviously the great thing about knitting on a circular needle and joining in a new colour each row to form the stripe pattern and fringe, also means that you don't need to purl.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

Jo, the Scarf is lovely, looking forward to seeing your niece with it, know she's going to be loving it.